blue

Know first who you are and then adorn yourself accordingly - Epictetus

23 March 2011

Purple. Silk. Sailor pants.

Bear with me! Don’t shake your pretty little minimalist head in despair just yet… because I have a confession to make: I love vintage. Not scary 80s vintage, which is probably the fashion gutter your mind has turned to after reading the title, but seriously awesome total vintage dressing. I envy the dedication of those who consistently dress in 1940s or 1950s style, complete with hair and make-up. That shit takes effort. So, after admiring their will power from afar for a long time, I decided to introduce a few elements to my own style. Nothing major. Just a touch of red lipstick, or a flick of black eyeliner, or a skirt that references the Dior wasp-waist silhouette, or even high-waisted, wide-legged, purple silk sailor pants that are divinely 1940s in their style, buttons and white piped details. Admittedly, I don’t wear them that often but they still make me smile when I spot them in my cupboard. The key to teaming them with the rest of my wardrobe is to keep everything else super simple. And so, tonight, teamed with a simple white tee, a slash of MAC Russian Red and some plain black pumps, they are going to take me to the opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

give me some comment love... you know you want to ;)